Skip to main content

Lush 30 Year Bath Bomb Celebration & Lush Labs App


Hi guys! Happy Monday. How was your weekend?

Lush is celebrating the 30th year of the invention of the first ever bath bomb by Lush co-founder Mo. Constatine. For this special celebration, they are launching 16 new limited edition bath bombs ( 14 will be in store but there are 2 special online-only ones too )

Bath bombs are more than just a pretty smelling treat. I find each one has its own benefits. Some like florals scents while other's prefer a citrus scent. Lush has seen the rise of the Hashtag #BathArt in this time too - where customers document the pretty art these gorgeous bath bombs make as they are popped into the bathtub. If you follow me on Social Media - I have posted a few on my Instagram grid as well as on my Insta Stories from time to time.

Personally, when I choose a bath bomb it's to unwind after a busy day. While I don't use a bath bomb for every single bath ( one day when I marry a millionaire I might ... ha ha ha a girl can dream ) but I do have a small collection on hand for those tougher days where I just want to unwind and de-stress from a yucky day. I have mentioned quite a few times on the blog I do cut up my bath bombs in half to make them last a little longer - it still gives me an amazing experience full of colour - it just makes a bath bomb last a little longer. And while self-care isn't just about pretty bath bombs - for a lot of people that's their go-to self-care ritual. 

Lush was kind enough to send me three of the new Bath Bombs - so let me tell you some more about them -

Royalty Bath Bomb R89,00 each

"Rich, regal and utterly opulent - heady jasmine and sandalwood are the jewels in Royalty’s crown. As it evanesces, this luxurious bath bomb releases softening soya milk, creating velvety water which leaves your skin moisturised and radiant. You’ll be the queen of clean."

I love how this bath bomb has such a unique shape - shaped like a little crown. While this has more floral tones to it thanks to Jasmine Absolut and Ylang Ylang Oils it promises to be a rich and seductive scent with the added softening Soya Milk powder. Personally - this isn't my favourite scent combination - but I can see this being a firm favourite with Lushies.


Marshmallow World R69,50 each

"Indulge in this candied treat - you’ll get all of the sweet-shop glee and none of the post-binge guilt. Vanilla scented with a touch of strawberry, this multi-coloured marvel is a fiesta of fizz. Marshmallow powder soothes and softens, while granulated sugar adds a sugary flourish, you’ll smell good enough to eat!"

Aaah! Now, this is more my kind of bath bomb. I love vanilla anything ( Sidenote - Lush Vanillary solid perfume was my all time favourite Lush scent). This bath bomb smells super yummy and delicious and it's a real treat for the skin too with the softening Marshmallow Powder and calming Lavender Oil. This bath bomb will be the perfect treat to relax after a tough day at work for me. 

Harajuka Bath Bomb R69,50 each
"Take a dip in Harajuku style and get lost in a kaleidoscope of kawaii colour. A pick ‘n’ mix of bubble gum sweetness, this candied bath bomb blends punchy Brazilian orange oil with balsamic benzoin resinoid and sugary vanilla. Step out the water and delight in the bubble pop electric fragrance that lingers on your skin."

This is another one I'm super excited to use. Lush always does the most amazing citrus bath bombs - and I'm sure this one is no different. I prefer citrus scents on days when I feel yucky or need a little motivation the morning of a big presentation at work. It's amazing to lift the mood and make you feel 100 times better. 


Along with the launch, a Lush app was created called Lush Labs. In the app, there is a Lush Lens function. Think of Lush Lens as SnapScan, but instead of purchasing something, the bath bomb you're scanning will pull up all sorts of info on the bath bomb.

This app is the sole use of information to customers in the Bath Bomb only store in Harajuku Japan. This means no signage, plastic, water wastage is necessary to demonstrate and talk about these items- and let's be real that is always a win. 

I love how you get the ingredients as well as the name all in one place - that way it's easy to identify scents YOU prefer to use. If you follow me over on Instagram I will show the process this week in my Insta Stories too - it's really pretty cool app idea - because less signage means less waste at the end of the day. 


Other bath bombs I'm keen to try is - BlackBerry (it was an oldie that I LOVED but the new shape is so much cuter ) and Tumeric Latte - which sounds amazing !!

Do you have your eye on any of the new Lush Bath Bombs?

Comments

  1. I love Lush products!
    Bath bombs are amazing! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont laugh, but I do not own a bathtub.
    Great review tho'!
    https://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    IG @grace_njio
    other IG @wonky.pots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush has some awesome shower bombs now too - you should totally check them out.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot :D

    I really want to try more Lush products!

    NEW REVIEW POST | BENEFIT BROWVO! CONDITIONING PRIMER!!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally obsessed with Lush bath bombs!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Lush Bath Bombs. All of them are so beautiful and smell stunning. I'm sure that these three are also gorgeous, especially this one in crown shape. Thank you for sharing information about LushLab, I would check that app.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/05/oscar-de-la-renta-bella-blanca_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lush bath bombs seem so good

    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to use bath bombs so bad but due to Cape Town's water crisis we can only shower. 🙈 These look great and I feel like I can smell them through the screen. 😂💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty amazing ... I want to look into the shower bombs too and will be doing a review on them soon.

      Delete
  8. No way, it's been 30 years!!! Not sure weather it seems so long, or just makes me feel old... These look really great though and I'm forever a big fan of Lush, so many amazing products <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear so many good things about this bath bombs, sadly I don't have a bathtub anymore and I can't use them on shower...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The logo could simply have your name or anything that is related with your image. At the point when the bath bomb packaging wholesale with your logo goes to individuals, they will recall that they need to arrange from you once more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw