Skip to main content

{Tried & Tested} My Calming Bedtime Routine

Hi guys! Happy Tuesday. How was your long weekend? I'm on leave this week (thank goodness!) because the last two weeks at work was hectic busy.

Today I'm sharing with you some of my favourites when I had a super busy day at work and need to relax before bedtime (and I know that's a super hard thing especially when you are a mom too !)

I try (and not always succeed ) to do these things 30 minutes before bedtime WITHOUT my phone (which is super hard I know as we are all basically attached to our phones these days )

I love the Carmien Rooibos and Camomile tea before bedtime. They have quite a few teas in the range I love (I have mentioned a few on the blog already ) but this is my all-time favourite bedtime drink. I usually drink the teas in the range without milk or sugar - but I love this one with a little milk for a soothing bedtime drink and setting the mood. 
Lately with life being super busy (and yes I'm currently that person with two planners ) I love having my MOM Diary from The Papery to check what my important reminders are for Alex as well as myself. My favourite part of the diary is the daily personal wellbeing and goals as well as the little space to jot down something you are grateful for. This is one of my favourite parts of the day - because no matter how hard your day has been you always have something to be thankful for. The Diary also included super cute and easy recipes as well as monthly goals and reminders. 

While I jot down my daily little bit about what I'm grateful for that day, I love chilling with a sheet mask. Overall sheet masks are my favourite pick me up for whenever I need a boost - I have such a huge collection that if there should ever be a Zombie Apocalypse I'll be the person walking around with a sheet mask on. I'll pop on the sheet mask, drink my tea and check my schedule and recipes in the diary and just listen to some calming music on the Calm App. This is honestly one of my all-time favourite apps on my phone. After the sheet mask, I'll pop on my Nightly Moisturiser and the get my Eyemask out. My current favourite ones are from Typo - the one here is the complete blackout one that makes you drift off to sleep easily. I also use it for the Sleep Stories when I'm ready for bedtime - which works amazing because I never stay awake to hear the end of my story. 

How do you unwind after a rough day at work? What's your favourite calming bedtime items ??

Comments

  1. Thanks a lot :D

    all products sounds great :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | YOU ARE THE ENERGY THAT YOU WANT TO ATTRACT!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pampering bedtime routine! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amei esse seu texto, realmente é um dos melhores blog que estou acompanhando. Suas postagens são excelente! Parabéns!

    Já até salvei em meus blogs favoritos ❤️..

    Meu Blog: Resultado Alagoas da Sorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very nice routine darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful bedtime routine. My favorite is dairy/planner because I also every day writing a few thing on which I'm grateful for that day. After that I reading a book and go sleep.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/06/clinique-moisture-surge-72-hour-auto_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the writing down things you are grateful for works for you too. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a great routine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw