Skip to main content

{Book Review} The Worldbreaker's Name by CL Farley

 


Hi guys! Happy Wednesday, and I am officially back to blogging; this time, I am bringing more book reviews into the mix. 

I was sent the Worldbreaker's Name by C.L. Farley to review for The Crow's Copy as part of an ARC read. 

C.L. Farley is an awesome South African author and storyteller who favors speculative fiction and neurodiverse narratives. Her work received a Silver Honorable Mention in Young Writers of the Future (3rd quarter 2022) and an Honorable Mention in Young Writers of the Future (4th quarter 2022). In her spare time, she gardens, collects rocks, plays video games badly, and referees the four cats that adopted her. 

(This made me love her writing even more because anyone who has cats is automatically a winner in my books!)

(Info from her publisher's website !) 

 Blurb: 

Kellan, a warrior turned scholar, is desperate to cure the magical infection sealed in his leg before it consumes him. Cursed healer, Chiyana, is set to escape her people’s scrutiny forever by becoming a masked assassin.

Her curse is his key.


Brought together by a narrow escape from a vicious braegorn, Kellan risks being executed for theft of knowledge as he pries into the secrets of Chiyana’s curse while she is drawn ever deeper into a political plot.

While Chiyana faces her final challenge on Darkest Night, duty forces Kellan to seek out the cat goddess, Nangawe. But a violent power grab sets Kellan and Chiyana against a new enemy. 


Now onto my thoughts on the book. This is book 1 of a trilogy, and I, for one, am super excited about what book 2 is going to hold,ld as the ending was sooo mysterious and open. The book is an epic fantasy novel, and it lives up to that throughout. The book is also inspired by African mythology, and a cursed bloodline is the main theme.  The story brings two storylines together with two different POVs: Kellan's story of his infection and Chiyana's story, and I feel it ties them together nicely in the end. They ultimately face a new enemy together instead of just Kellan's infection and Chiyana's curse. I loved how she wanted to help him solve his infection, and I feel she will eventually help him find a cure. I do have a feeling Kellan will ultimately help Chiyana with her curse as well, and they will ultimately fix each other too  - which will make for an excellent follow-up story to read. 

Overall, I am very excited to see what happens in the next book and what the third installment has in store for us. 

Now onto the rating: a solid 4 STARS! 


Overall, I can really recommend this book if you like reading fantasy series or like mythical reads.


*I was sent this book in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Review} Curaprox BE YOU Toothpaste - Taking the Boring out of Brushing

  Hi guys! Happy Tuesday. How is your week going so far? I'm officially on leave and super excited for some downtime - 2020 has been on a hell of a year.  A few weeks ago Curaprox send me there BE YOU tubes of toothpaste - The BE YOU Toothpaste is a designed to take the “Boring out of Brushing’ with the funky colours and exciting flavours!  However, this toothpaste is designed by Curaprox and is a Gentle Whitening Toothpaste with the amazing benefits. There are six zesty flavours to choose from - all with vibrant funky packaging promising long-lasting freshness. I have extremely sensitive teeth - but the whitening is super gentle yet effective, and the flavours all are amazing.  TOOTHPASTE [BE YOU.]   STAY FRESH FOR HOURS   Power balls with extra menthol for long-lasting fresh breath. Be you. Feel fresh, feel confident… long after brushing your teeth. Power bubbles in the toothpaste give you a refreshing and long-lasting blast of menthol.    ...

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each ...

Inoar Hair Botox Treatment Lowdown and Review

Hi guys. Happy Friday. Today is FREEZING - I'm on my third cup of coffee for the day already . How was your week ? Any fun weekend plans ? Last Sunday I was lucky enough to be invited to try out the new Inoar Hair Botox treatment at Sorbet Dunkeld . As I mentioned before I love the Inoar Absolute Blond range so I was excited to try this treatment - as my hair can always do with a boost. I take great pride in looking after my hair and trying to keep it in tip top condition - especially taking extra steps since going blonder. So ... What is the Inoar Hair Botox treatment ? This is a hair treatment containing fatty acids , argon oil , Shea butter , hydrolysed keratin and grape extract . The treatment is rich in Vitamin A , C and E which will help protect your hair . It's also rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals.  The treatment is pretty easy and not too time consuming - Your hair gets washed, the treatment applied for 30 minutes and then rinsed out.  ...