Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Avon Mega Effect Creamy Eyeshadow Pots - Inspired Iris & Liquid Gold

Hi guys ! Happy Wednesday . How has your week been ? I woke up with a bit of a cold on Monday, and it seems it's making me loose my voice now - not the most fun. 

Avon is releasing a new eyeshadow formula this month - and I just knew I had to try them out. These are jewel-toned cream eyeshadow pots that claim to be crease proof , waterproof and last up to 18 Hours. I got two colours in the range - the purple called Inspired Iris and the gold colour Liquid Gold.

So first off ... Let's discuss the formula and eyeshadows before I dive into the two colours I got. I expected the formula to be a little creamier. To be honest the eyeshadow in the pot is a harder formula than I expected. You'll definitely need a flat brush to pick up some of the product to pack on. BUT ... Having said that - once you start applying this eyeshadow a few times it does get easier to use. This eyeshadow really is crease proof and lasts forever (even without an eyeshadow base). Which I'm pretty impressed with . As I mentioned before - I apply my make-up early mornings - and was really impressed when I take this off around 20h00 at night - my eye make-up still looks perfectly applied. Which for me is pretty impressive . The colour intensity doesn't fade , and it really doesn't budge until you decide to remove it with an eye make-up remover.

There's a total of 5 colours in the range , a red/pink (Crimson Tide )  , purple (Enduring Iris ) , grey (Glistening Steel ), gold (Liquid Gold)  and green (Deep Amazon). All with the most gorgeous sparkle. 


So onto the two colours I picked. I will most definitely be picking up Glistening Steel.  Now let's take a look at the two colours I got. Swatches will be at the end . 
Avon Mega Effect Eyeshadow Pots in Inspired Iris

Inspired Iris is a gorgeous rich deep purple. When I picked the two colours I just got this one to try out another colour - in the end this one turned out to be my favourite. I mostly only wear nude eyeshadows - but since I gotten this gorgeous purple colour I LOVE wearing some colour. The colour lasts all day - which is awesome since most pinks and purples tend to fade super quickly on me. I just dab on a little bit of this colour , a lilac liner in my waterline and tons of mascara and I can't get enough of this easy eye look to do. If you like wearing colour - this one is a must. 


Avon Mega Effect Eyeshadow Pots in Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold  is a gorgeous white toned gold colour.I love using gold eyeshadows to warm up my skin tone and for more natural days. Sadly - since I love Inspired Iris so much - I don't wear this one as often as I like. But it's a gorgeous colour none the less. Especially when paired with a more dramatic lip colour or for more natural make-up days. What I love to do on days that I prefer a no-make up look is to just use this , a little mascara and I'm good to go.

Now onto the swatches of these two colours - 


Overall I'm pretty impressed with these eyeshadow pots. They do take a little bit of work at the beginning - but they deliver gorgeous results.

How has YOUR week been so far ?


29 comments:

  1. Look forward to trying these, especially the purple one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the purple one is gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. This a really great post!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple one the most, such a gorgeous color. Great post.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post hun! I like this so much.

    JENNEROUTFITS.COM a blog dedicated to kendall and kylie jenner’s best outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that golden eyeshadow, it's really pretty and good to know that you was pleased with both of those products :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shades, so pretty!
    Have a great weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing
    Wish you a nice Sunday!
    hugs
    Dili
    New post: http://www.milanotime.net/white-long-sleeve-floral-dress-shein/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post, love the purple one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post as always!! It's been awhile... Hope you had a wonderful week!!
    Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!!
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  10. They remind me of Mac paint pots. But these are definitely more affordable! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are much more affordable.

      Delete
  11. Very interesting and affordable products for sure!
    I often suggest'em to my customers during my seminario di stile, portamento, seduzione e look per donne e uomini con la consulenza d'immagine di Elisa Negro
    Very interesting article!
    Well done
    Elisa Negro

    ReplyDelete