Skip to main content

{Review} Some New Almay Products on my Beauty Desk

Hi guys ! Happy Monday ! How was your weekend ? Excited for Christmas getting closer and closer? 

A few weeks ago a few new Almay beauty goodies landed on my beauty desk to try out. While I have a few Almay products that's my favourite favourite - I haven't tried anything from the brand too recently so I was glad to get some goodies to try out .

Let's jump into the review -

Almay Best Blend Forever Make-Up R270
I have to admit - when I saw the sponge applicator I was sceptical. I don't like using products with build it sponges - but this one is pretty decent. Another bonus is it can be clicked out , washed and clicked back in - which for me is a huge bonus as I hate using dirty sponges. This is a make-up moisturiser with a built in applicator - making it a fantastic multi-tasking product. I feel this is amazing for summer - as it evens out skin tone - yet isn't heavy like foundations in this heat. It's the perfect mix of skincare and colour. I love that this doesn't look cakey , gives you a light layer of coverage and makes your skin looks healthy  . The formula is also pretty hydrating and each bottle is packed with a cocktail of vitamins and botanical for care as you wear. Keep in mind this isn't a full coverage foundation - this is light buildable coverage. So if you are keen for something more full coverage I would give this a pass. 


Almay Goddess Gloss R119,95 - Flame
This is a gorgeous lip colour that offers a gorgeous gloss with a multi-demensional lip look. The iridescent gloss provides a boost of moisture and is extremely comfortable to wear without getting goopy and yucky. The colour I received is the perfect topper for any festive season looks too. It gives a gorgeous look over any lipsticks - so you can truly play with these glosses to create your own unique lip look. 

Swatches of the Almay Best Blend Forever Foundation in shade and Almay Goddess Gloss in Flame. 


Almay Liquid Lash Extenders Mascara R199
This is such a unique mascara formula - as it has a fibre and tube formula to deliver instant lenght and achieve longer lashes. I love these types of mascara brushes - a more natural brush as apposed to a more plastic brush that pokes your eyes.

This was a good mascara - it wasn't mindblowingly good but it wasn't bad either. 
Almay Palette Pops in Fabulista R349,95
This is the perfect eyeshadow to play with wet or dry. It has a super creamy blend able formula that does not crease or smudge to last the whole day. The formula is super buttery so it basically blends itself. But word of warning - since the eyeshadow is so soft and creamy it can break easily . I lost the black after a small bump to the palette. The colours are pretty decent and wearable and there is a more neutral palette in the range too perfect for everyday wear. 
Swatches of the Almay Palette Pops in Fabulista with more dramatic colours. Swatches all show the eyeshadow dry - but they are crazy pigmented when you use a little setting spray or Fix+ spray. 
Almay Shadow Squads R149,95
There is 10 in total in the range of which I have 4 of the mini quads. These quads contains a satin , metallic , matte and glitter shadow to create a monochrome look on the eyes. Honestly - I had a issue with the lighter colours showing up on my skin tone - but I am very pale and those palettes are quite light - so that might be the issue. The two darker ones are extremely nice on the eyes. I'm just not sure if personally I'm a huge fan of the monochrome eyes look. 
Almay Shadow Quad Less is More
This will most definitely look so much nicer on a darker skin tone as this hardly shows up on me. 

Almay Shadow Squad in Cause a Stir
I really liked this one though - the colours are super pigmented and buttery and it does create an amazing look. If you are into nudes this is the perfect palette for you. 

Almay Shadow Squads in The World is My Oyster
This is another one that will be better suited with someone with a darker skin tone. It hardly shows up on my skin which is sad because I love the colours in this one. 

Almay Shadow Squads in Pure Gold Baby
If you love golden orangey browns you will love this mini set. Again - the formula is buttery - the pigmentation is pretty good. And the colour is gorgeous. 


Overall , I will recommend the foundation 100% as it's the perfect summer skincare foundation combo. The rest is hit and miss - if you find a eyeshadow combo that works on your skin tone it will be a winner for sure.


I will be sharing my Advent calendar Days 1-6 a little later this week on the blog so keep an eye open for that too. 

Have you tried any of these products ??

The products were sent to me to try out - all opinions are my own. 

Comments

  1. yes, my friend! It's amazing :D

    all products sounds amazing :)

    NEW TIPS POST | LOW COST XMAS GIFT GUIDE!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye shadow colour seem good. Loved the nail art you wearing
    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram:-Stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these products. I have that almay lip gloss and one of their green shadows. Love using them!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never before heard for this brand, but products look so beautiful. Shades are very nice.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-tO9N3A6c&t=220s

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried Almay products before. I will definitely check out the foundation as I am such a foundation junkie. 😁 Hope your Christmas shopping is going well. Lots of love. 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. The products look amazing. I will love to try them. Thanks for sharing

    https://sugarhilll.blogspot.com/2018/12/what-defines-beauty-miss-universe-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muito bom! Seu blog é muito bom mesmo, estou amando ler os seus artigos..

    Já salvei seu Blog em meus favoritos.


    Estou amando seu blog ❤️


    Meu Blog: Loteria Estadual do Ceará

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tried Almay products before! I'm gonna have to check it out next time I go to Ulta. Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my God this palette is life~ Almay Shadow Squad in Cause a Stir was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw