Skip to main content

A Little Life Update.. and a lesson in Gratitude..

Hi guys! Happy September ... although we are more than halfway through September by this rate. And Happy Friday too. (And Happy long weekend if you took off Monday to score an extra day)

I really do try to not completely disappear from blogging but with all the woman and child murders in South Africa in Woman's Month none the less - social media became a bit of a dark place for a lot of us. That combined with normal life stresses of dating, motherhood and work thrown into the mix - I had a super hard time in general. And anxiety added to the mix didn't help at all. But all doom and gloom aside ... blogging is something I do love doing ... and I miss when I do take a break from. 

So while a lot of hard stuff happened over the last few weeks - my bestie Siobhan reminded me that sometimes we have to look at the positive stuff in all the bad things. I'm so grateful for having such an amazing friend that reminds me yes ... life sucks a little now .. but it won't forever. She doesn't sugarcoat the truth which also helps a lot. And with the amazing support of great friends, I realized that yes ... every dark cloud has a silver lining- even though that lining is super faint and you have to squint to see it nicely.
I do try and journal every night and mention at least one thing I'm grateful for ... even if that one thing is surviving the day.

Some of the positives - in the last year I've lost 15 kgs - something that I'm super proud of. I still have a little bit to go - but working towards a healthier happier Lynette is one of my biggest goals.

I remembered to drink my 2,5 l of water every day even during those cold winter months.

I have an amazing son that tackles any and every challenge he can with so much enthusiasm. 

I have great friends that support me no matter what I do. 

I have a roof over my head and enough clothes to be able to complain about doing laundry. 

I'm happy to have a job where I can leave a little earlier if Alex has a sporting event or gets sick / has an event he needs to attend. 


These are just a few things I'm currently grateful for. What are some of the things you are grateful for lately ?? 

I have a few days off next week then I'll be back to posting more regularly again too - keep an eye on the blog next week as it will be Subscription Service unboxings.


Comments

  1. Loved reading this post Lynette. I too have been having a really hard year but thank you for reminding me to always be grateful for the blessings in my life. Big congrats on your weight loss. You need to share some tips and tricks as I need them. 😊💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynette, congrats on your weight loss!
    Great tips babe, thanks for sharing!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally agree: we should remeber every day to be grateful for all the blessings in our lives!
    Congrats on you weight loss, you did a great job on it!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw