Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Essence Liquid Lipstick Review and Swatches

Hi guys ! Happy Tuesday . Anyone else glad it's a super short week this week ? I am recovering from a cold this weekend, not the best way to start a week though.  I


Today I'm sharing some Essence Liquid Lipsticks with you . Last year Essence was kind enough to send me a press pack, and two of these shades were included, Around the same time I placed an online order with Red Square and also picked one up . (That one is my favourite shade - Colour Party) , These lipsticks aren't matte or long lasting like most liquid lipsticks. These really feel like a lipstick melted down - but they are super moisturising. These are a little sticky like lipglosses but nothing super annoying, these are quite comfortable to wear. . They last a good 2/3 hours on me and even when the colour has faded it still has a moisturising feeling on the lips - which for the price makes it worth while to check out. These retail for around R49,95 at Essence counters. 

I quite like the thin doe foot applicator brush, these make it super easy to apply the product. There are 6 shades in total , and they are really worth checking out if you like one of the colours. I love popping them into my work bag for days when my lips feel dry but I still want a little colour and gloss. 


So onto the swatches of the three colours I got - 


Essence Liquid Lipstick Colour Party -
This one is hands down my favourite. It makes me feel like a princess wearing the shade. This is a gorgeous light pink shade , and if you love pinks - You NEED this one in your life. Who doesn't like to feel like a pink princess ?



Essence Liquid Lipstick in  Show Off !
This is a gorgeous coral colour. Although I don't usually reach for coral shades, this shade does look stunning on the lips. If you love coral shades, this will be a winner for you.



Essence Liquid Lipstick in Make a Statement
I don't quite know how to describe this colour , it's a berry toned colour with a brown undertone. To be honest - this colour isn't really my style - but the formula is still a winner, so if you like these types of colours, you would love this. This shade will look gorgeous on darker skin tones .


Overall , I really like this line of liquid lipsticks , and I can't wait to add a few more to my collection. (Especially the nude one, swoon )

How has YOUR week been so far ? Any exciting long weekend plans ?

*These product/s was send to me in exchange for my honest opinion*

27 comments:

  1. omg these look stunning! great packaging and the felt brush seems to be very clever and handy. i just adore how you look in the first pic, that lip color makes your lips bigger and cuter and you look adorable in this natural look. i love the color of your hair, i mean the actual brown of your roots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you are so pretty! :o)
    "Make a Statement" is definitely my favorite shade. I saw these liquid lipsticks at my local Ulta, but there wasn't any testers for me to try. They look good, though!
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like "Colour Party" it's looking so great on you and since we have more or less the same skin tone, i think i will give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Colour Party is my favourite by far.

      Delete
  4. I love the Colour Party shade - looks like a perfect pink shade!! :)

    Loren | www.minkys.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good. My favourite color is Make a Statement ♥
    Meet My Lovely World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome berry shade . xx

      Delete
  6. Cool colors, you look fab with n.6!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shades, they all look gorge on you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Lenya xx

      Delete
  8. Love your post!!

    I am glad you enjoyed reading my Toronto Fashion Week posts but I am officially back to my regular content posts.

    Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!!

    MyLyfeMyStory



    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review dear,just a thing i needed! I saw them earlier in a shop but didn't know should i buy them or not so i ended up not buying them :) After your review i'll check them out again,maybe buy some darker shade :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much , the darker shades are pretty awesome too.

      Delete
  10. I really like 3rd shade, but to be honest, you look great in all of those colors ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, they look amazing, I really have a to try them! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the lightest one, what a beautiful colour!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the more red one!
    Love your post, great content!
    Please check my last post blog on MissGrey.ro Romania.
    https://missgrey.ro/ro/rochii/rochie-eleganta-midi-dantela-cu-fir-irizant-somon-amira/500

    ReplyDelete