Skip to main content

July Monthly Favourites


Hi guys ! Happy Monday . How was your weekend ?? 

I'm a little late this month to share my monthly favourites but rather late than forgetting another month to share what I love right ?

July is usually our anual family week getaway - so my favourites will include some travel friendly options this month as I am showing a few mini's here . These are all products that I loved and couldn't stop reaching for in the month of July. 


Hean Eyebrow Pomade - Ash Brown
I have mentioned my love for the Benifit version quite a few times in monthly favourites but I was lucky enough to try out this lovely brow pomade from Hean cosmetics that I was really pretty excited to try it. And with good reason - as I mentioned before this is such an amazing brand. The brow pomade lasts forever on your brows - the colour (ash brown) suits me perfectly and it's pretty easy to work with. Not to creamy and not to stiff - the perfect mixture that you need in a brow product.  Locally Hean products are available from Glamore Cosmetics and Gael and Emma makes it such a pleasure to shop from them as they are always so willing to assist you with any questions. 

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion
I did do a full review HERE a week or two back but this is seriously one of the best body lotions you can ever use. It hydrates dry skin instantly and keeps it moisturised and soothed . I love how it doesn't have a scent as I have been sick most of July and strong scents isn't the best option then. I can see myself repurchasing this lotion once I finish this bottle. My skin (especially my knees are so much softer and smoother that I can't wait to rock ripped jeans again now ) . 

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Primer
I have mentioned it in my June's New On My BeautyDeskI have a few eyeshadow palettes that even with my previous eyeshadow primer won't last a whole workday on me - and I wanted a great primer especially for those shadows. This does exactly that. It makes your eyeshadow look last FOREVER !! Even after a very very very late night my eyeshadow still looks perfect . I keep this one especially for those palettes now or when I know I'm having an extra long day.
Revlon Kiss Balm Tropical Coconut SPF20
I really love the Revlon Kiss Balm lip-balms to pop into my bad during the day - the colour ones provide a little bit of colour on the lips and they smell amazing. And I LOVE that these balms contains SPF20 as I really do believe in protecting my skin and lips during the year. The Tropical Coconut is colourless - so this is the perfect throw on anytime balm you can ever have. And it smells like being on a tropical island .... YUM !!
Benefit They're Real! Mascara in Black
Red Square had the Girl o' Clock Rock set on 50% off just a week or two before I went on holiday and I decided this was the perfect time to try some of their bestsellers in one go without committing to any full size products. These are super teeny tiny versions - but they were perfect to pop into my make-up bag for a few days away. Wow ! I am amazed how much I love this mascara. It's waterproof , lasts all day and looks amazing. The wand separates your lashes and makes you look wide awake (even when you are not ) . I love this mascara so much that even though it's pretty pricey for a mascara - I already treated my self to a backup mini one. I'm sure in Summer I will reach for this one over and over and over again. 

Benefit Lollitint and PosieTint
As I mentioned I got the Girl o'Clock set on special at RedSquare and popped all 12 mini products into my bag to try. I didn't pack any back up blush while traveling as I was dead set to give these a fair try after reading so many mixed reviews. The set contained three colours - and while I love all three these two are my favourites. They blend in easily with your fingers to give you a flushed look that really lasts the whole day . This works as a perfect lipstain too but I prefer them for blushes. Both colours are so stunning and even the Lollitint (purple lavender one ) looks so natural. I feel these will be amazing for summer as they will last forever in the summer heat.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer   :To be honest I hardly ever use bronzer so I knew even though this was a Cult Classic I wouldn't like it. Boy oh boy was I surprised. This is such a gorgeous toned bronzer to warm up the skin and blends in really easily which blew me away . It lasts a pretty decent time on your skin too. This also works amazing as a eyeshadow - so it's the perfect multi purpose product. Can I see myself buying the full size ? Probably not as I feel I won't really be that into bronzer all year round. But for now .. this product fits into my routine and it's pretty magical to warm up my make-up look. 
My magical moments for July included spending some time away with the kiddo (which was much needed ) . We went to Hartebeespoortdam for a few days and spend the time at a gorgeous place right next to the mountains and dam. We truly had the best time going for morning and evening walks and enjoying nature. And of course Alex loved the trampoline and looking for monkeys , ducks and fishies. 

What was some of your July favourites ??

Comments

  1. Same, my friend :D

    OMG, you always have the best products ever :D I've used thi Aveeno cream and I really love :D

    NEW BRANDING POST | CHLOROPHYLA WINE HOUSE: the best spot for the end of the day :D
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items! Thanks for sharing!

    https://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting products ♥

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products!
    I love the last pic!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's time that I try brow pomade. Haha. I really don't know how to use though. Great list of products. Didn't know Revlon had that lipbalm with SPF.


    Joy to the World

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely products.
    I love Aveeno lotion.
    Cute last pic.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these products are really great! Amazing post! ❤

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    New post: What To Style | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lip balm in tropical coconut sounds nice/
    I bet it's a nice flavor.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Premium Pens online

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used Aveeno before and love their lotion. Beautiful faves! Love seeing what others have been loving the most.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely idea! I totally want to try this!!
    Corporate caps online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw