Skip to main content

{Subscription Service Review & Reveal } May Reading Edition Kids Book Club Book Unboxing

Hi guys! Happy Thursday. How has your week been? Mine has been crazy - going into the office and working from home as well with homeschooling is a little intense ... I'll have to get used to the new schedule I have.

Today I'm sharing our May Reading Edition Themed Kids Bookclub with you. As I mentioned when I shared our Easter Edition one - with buying books being banned in Level 5 we quickly ran out of books to read just before sales were allowed again in Level 4. Luckily Kids Book Club was able to deliver in Stage 4 - so we got a bonus package of our May & June books. Alex was so excited when he saw the delivery stop and feeling the package was bigger than usual. 

As I mentioned here many times before- Alex does read every night before bedtime - this is a strong rule we stick to every night. He loves reading and he often walks around with a fact book or Encyclopedia in his hand reading everyone facts about volcanoes, dinosaurs or the human body.

I love that Kids Book Club send us a cute book, an activity something and a cute bag every month. April's theme is Easter super cute too. These bags are awesome if you go shopping to throw in your bag and let the kids help out packing groceries. I love how colourful the bags got as well - making them super cute and fun. 

So more about the service again if you missed it last time :



We picked the two-book Hedgehog Heroes (11-13 years) package - this month we received a book, a fun sticker activity book, the monthly activity booklet, The new storytelling mat and character, the cute new monthly bookmark and of course the cute bag. There was even a super fun MiniMag magazine added as an extra this month.

The activity book this month included colouring, tracing activities, matching activities, and stickers.  For us, this is a perfect filler for before bedtime where we already cleaned up all the toys and packed away any games and T.V time is done. 


So onto the books, we got this month - Swarm - Project Venom by Simon Cheshire -"The Secret Intelligence Agency has a new weapon - micro-robotic bugs that serve as undercover agents. SWARM suspects the scientist as the country's top research lab has gone rogue. The SWARM Team uncovers a sinister underworld and a deadly poison that is about to be unleashed. Can they foil the criminals' evil plan before the world is changed forever ?" Alex loves secret Agents and anything spy-related - so I'm sure he will adore reading this book once he starts. too 
The Second activity book we got was the Crazy Monsters Sticker Book - and let's be real this is even super fun for adults as well. We had a few bummer nights lately with Alex freaking out about going back to school too soon and getting sick - so to calm nerves before bedtime we did a fun crazy monster sticker activity book. The Kids Bookclub activity was also full of fun activities to do before bedtime - because with mom going back to the office some days Alex has been a little more difficult on those nights - and I'm sure for good reason. These activities were fun distractions while I checked my emails before going in the next morning.

Again, I love the cute Monthly Bookmark and new Character for our Story Mat. The magazine was also a fun addition this month - Alex grabbed that first when we got the package. He LOVES any Kid's magazine - so he was beyond excited to read this. He is one of those kids that will refer back to something he read in one of his magazine month's later - run to get it and prove his point. 

We picked the R240 package which included delivery as well as one book, an educational activity and activity book and cute theme of the month bag. I'm pretty impressed and can't wait to see what the next book will be (Although we have received it with this parcel I will share the June one next week )

Do you have any fun subscription services for your kids?


Comments

  1. Oh so cute darling
    I love it that secret garden edition
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids Book Club sounds amazing and these books are very cool and interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/kerastase-resistance-ciment-thermique.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those books interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is so important,
    I used to make my son read everyday.
    He grew up loving to read even if his
    friends do not. And I am so proud he knows
    a lot of things through reading.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is important. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. These look like so much fun. My boys would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such a great article.Book for love is another level of hobby. I got monthly book subscription and get amazing books monthly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw