Skip to main content

{#DatingDisasters} Part 1


Hi guys! Happy Thursday. How has your week been? Honestly ... September and most of October has been a blur so far, this year is really just flying by.

Today I'm posting a bit of a fun post poking fun at myself. As most of you might not know, I'm a single mom - so dating has been quite interesting in the last few years. I have a tendency to date extremely narcissistic guys - which ends up in some funny dating stories to tell. So today instead of anything over the top serious or a review - I decided to share some of those stories with you guys.


Of course, I mean no harm to any of these guys. In most cases even though they sucked - I'm still pretty good friends or on speaking terms with most of them still.


Today I will share the story of mister D, a narcissistic journalist I dated many many years back, but we both wanted another chance at trying a few months back. He was quite older than me, but I do love an older guy. I'm still great friends with him now, and always joke about him being a workaholic. He is also extremely creepy .. and loves talking about how easily dead bodies can be disposed of in a bathtub full of acid. Living alone in a big creepy house also added to that mystery of did he ever kill one of his ex-lovers. He loved telling me gruesome stories about how easy it would be to kill someone and get away with it, but that's mostly to add to the mystery of him being a player living in a huge house on a hill ) Another reason that didn't help his case is that his house is full of dark creepy memorabilia and old stuff... think old record players .... typewriters ... extremely old creepy photos ... no one in sight for miles and miles.


Mr D is the typical playboy guy, having millions of girls throwing themselves at him at every chance they got. Back then I was still a younger mother with a toddler, and mister D is the eternal playboy that didn't want the whole white picket fence thing - and I was 100% okay with that. I was in a stage of my life where I felt worthless and like a fuilure in every sense - and he was there to pick me up and remind me I was worthy and deserved happiness. My mom life and dating life were two separate worlds that hardly collided - and I honestly preferred it that way. I always believed I'll only introduce the kiddo to someone if I'm EXTREMELY serious about them. To date I have only introduced one guy to Alex that I felt I was serious enough about. 


We dated on and off for two years, until one Sunday morning in December when we were having breakfast at his house. He was leaving for a European vacation the next day - and he seemed extremely nervous as we were having coffee. He asked me to move in with him that morning - and I agreed as I did see myself with him forever at that stage. In reality I knew our worlds were miles apart - but I knew I was happy. 


I was swept off my feet and agreed, said goodbye to him the next day on his way to his vacation excited about telling everyone the news when he got back. BUT ... in typical mister D fashion - this holiday ended up with us not saying a word to each other (not by my choice though - I did try ). When he got back he did the typical thing of running away from his feelings and we ended up splitting up for good. 


Over the last few years we would still keep in contact, either I was dating someone and not interested, or he was busy running his empire and too busy taking on the world. Until Covid hit and we started chatting every day. We sent photos and voice notes to each other daily ... and waited for the day lockdown lifted a bit more to see each other again.


Long story short - and no surprise - this didn't work as planned ... and even though I was 100% committed to giving this one last fair shot ... he went running on this opportunity after he realized that meant getting serious serious for once. Does he suck - yes he does. But at the end of the day ... we still best of friends and if I ever need to get rid of a dead body - he'll be the first to call. (no worries .. that's just a joke )


I'll share some more snippets next week on some more creepy dudes.


Do you have any fun creepy dating stories? 

Comments

  1. Estou adorando visitar e ler seus conteúdos, são sempre os melhores!


    Meu Blog: Blog do Amar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw