Skip to main content

Lush Christmas Part 1

Hi guys ! Happy Monday. How has your week been ? Mine has been crazy busy - but luckily I have a few posts lined up for you guys this week. 

Today I will be sharing Part 1 of my Lush Christmas goodies ( I placed an online order when they launched last week Thursday so those goodies I will be reviewing later this week ) Today the Lush Christmas range will be in store in South Africa - and I thought I'd share my thoughts on the goodies I was sent (Part 1) and do a second part once my order arrives. Again - online it sold out pretty quickly - but no fear Lushies - the online store will be restocked a few times leading up to Christmas. Which is always awesome news. And if you are lucky enough to be close to a Lush store and smell all the lovely Christmas goodies yourself you are in for a huge treat. 

So let's jump into part 1 :

Once Upon A Time Body Lotion R295 225g 
Again - as I mentioned with the Halloween goodies - I'm a sucker for amazing Citrus scents - and this lotion doesn't disappoint. This smells like apples , lemon and grapefruit and is such an amazingly perfect lotion for Summer in South Africa - who doesn't like to smell fruity and yummy after a day spend at the pool ? The lotion is also SUPER hydrating - another bonus !


Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to have the most perfect soft skin; but only the best and most delightful, apple scented lotion would do. He travelled all over the world to find one but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were lotions enough and bath oils galore, but nothing tickled his fancy. He didn't like lavender and didn't want bananas or patchouli either. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a lotion that smelled like apples!
After some time, the prince came across a magical shop in the nearby town. The shop claimed to sell the most beautiful body lotions in all the land. He strode in and was immediately greeted by the most wonderful smell! He begged for the apple scented lotion he so desperately wanted and with a flick of their wrist and a twinkle in their eye, the Lush shop elf summoned a tub. The prince took a sniff and was immediately bowled over by the scent. With apple infusion lemon oil and grapefruit, the prince had finally found his true love. He applied the lotion every day and lived happily ever after with super soft skin.
 Golden Pear Soap R125 each
*Swoon* can we chat for a moment how perfectly gorgeous this soap is ? And I love how it's shaped like a pear with the most gorgeous golden lustre . The soap smells like a delicious warm fruity dessert - and will definitely be a show stopper to display in the bathroom . I can't wait to put this soap out in December and use it to get into the festive spirit - it's really gorgeous. I love getting a Lush festive soap every year for my bathroom to get me into the Festive mood. 




On the twelfth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
A jar of pear purée
Murumuru butter
Warming cardamom oil
Some agave syrup
Brazillian orange oil
Organic cocoa butter
A drop of almond oil
Five Golden things!
Sandalwood oil
Creamy coconut
A whole organic clove...
...Are all part of Golden Pear soap
This pear-fect little soap creates a luxurious lather on the skin. Pear purée and cardamom oil cover skin in a scent reminiscent of warm fruit desserts and spiced cakes while murumuru butter moisturises and softens skin. A classy addition to any Christmas bath or shower. Wrap in a knot wrap and hide in the tree's branches for a sumptuously scented treat.
Cheery Christmas Bath Bomb R62,50 each
This is another gorgeous citrus scented bath bomb - and just look at the cute snowflake design. This one looks way to pretty to use. Again as I mentioned in my Halloween post too - I prefer cutting up my bath bombs and making my own bath time combos sometimes. This one I will be cutting into four to get four magical pink yummy baths out of this little cutie. 


Outside, snowflakes fall to the ground, creating a picturesque postcard landscape, untouched and unspoilt. Against the back drop of a winter dream, Sicilian lemon oil refreshes and rejuvenates putting a smile on the face of all who bathe here. Pop this bundle of joy in the bath and allow the intricate pattern to take shape before your eyes. Lay back, feel relaxed and enjoy the festive season as blackcurrant-scented buchu oil spreads the cheer.
After all, 'tis the season to be jolly.
 Shoot for the Stars Bathbomb R69,50 each
I can just imagine what gorgeous Bath Art this one will make . It's sooo pretty with the golden blue stars - making your bath look like a little galaxy. 

The stars smells like yummy coconut - while the blue "sky" smells like bergamot - YUM !! This will be a sure winner this Festive season and I can see this one selling out quickly . Again - as with all my bath bombs - this one I will be cutting into halve for two magical baths. 


No need to wish on a star, fizzes of honey-scented stardust grant all your heart's desires.
Fair Trade organic cocoa butter stars melt in the water, moisturising skin while uplifting bergamot oil sends your mood soaring above the clouds.
Fizz this cobalt bath bomb in a hot bath and bathe amongst the galaxy, brightening moods and pampering skin in a cosmos of your own making.
The stars are aligning with almond oil and creamed coconut to soothe and hydrate. A journey to the centre of the universe, is one intergalactic bath away.
Yog Nog Yule Log Bubble Bar R79,50 
Although I prefer citrus scents - my lovely friend Tanya works at Lush Gateway and said this is her favourite Bubble Bar by far. And I can see why . It's made with fair Trade Shea Butter and smells like clove oil and nutmeg - such a perfect warming combination. She highly recommend this lovely beauty .

So you've had your fill of Christmas dinner, you've drunk all the mulled wine you can hold and you're stuffed to the brim with mince pies... So what do you say when someone offers you a sweet treat filled with warming cinnamon and nutmeg powders, softening soya milk and moreish cocoa butter? Say yes of course! There is always room for more pudding and this skin softening dessert is worth the extra indulgence. Crumble this bubbly Battenburg under running water to release tempting mounds of fluffy foam. Climb in and let the Fair Trade shea butter soften skin as clove bud oil warms you from top to toe. A final flourish of uplifting ylang ylang oil encourages positivity and ensures that even the terrible Christmas cracker jokes don't turn you into a Scrooge.



Sleepy Naked Shower Gel R165 each
This smells so dreamy ( pun intended ) and lavender-y. It really makes you want to drift off into dreamland. I REALLY like the solid shower gels now - it's such an unique concept and I even ordered another one when the Christmas goodies launched online - I like them that much. Plus no plastic bottle to ugly up your bathroom so yeah ! I also love how user friendly these are to use too. 

When it comes to sleeping, some people prefer to do it naked. Whether you do it in your favourite PJ's or prefer your birthday suit, you'll be sleeping soundly after lavishly lathering lavender suds all over your skin.Oat and lavender flower extract sing a soothing serenade to help swirling thoughts to settle while ylang ylang oil instills serenity. Drift off to the land of nod, on clouds of comforting tonka absolute. All is calm, all is left feeling softened and moisturised with moisturising Fair Trade organic cocoa butter. So do away with the packaging and shake the dreamland tree.

Did you get anything from the Christmas collection ? I will post my order goodies a little later this week in a Lush Christmas Part 2 .

Thanks again to Lush South Africa for sending me this goodies to review and test out. 



Comments

  1. Such exciting Xmas stuff. Thanks for reviews. If payday can just move closer faster!!! But sending above products as xmas wishlist to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love their products. The Christmas bomb looks so cute!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot :D

    ooohn, this is so cool

    NEW TIPS POST | MAKE-UP TRENDS TO ROCK IN THE FALL.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lush so much! Thanks for sharing these products xx

    https://fallingforvogue.blogspot.com/2018/10/animal-print.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That golden pear looks amazing! I use Lush solid shampoo and deo, but I might have to try some of these!
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Lush solid deo - might have to give it a go. I love the solid shampoo's though

      Delete
  6. Ohh wow a golden pear soap. Love these cute shapes!
    Lush is the best!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw