Skip to main content

My Mini MakeUp Revolution Test & Review

Hi guys ! Happy Thursday. How are you today ? How has your week been ??

A few weeks ago Make-Up Revolution launched in Clicks stores locally and everyone went nuts over the range finally being available in South Africa. I don't have a store close to me that actually stocks any products but when I was browsing Clicks online store I noticed there were some goodies still available online and I quickly scooped it up. 

I love how Make-Up Revolution is pretty affordable and decent quality . I got three items from the range to try out - The Baked Highlighter in Matte Lights , Conceal & Define Concealer and Fast Base Stick foundation . The range has quite a few items - and I will review more in the future as I buy but to dip my toes into exploring this brand this was my choices. 



Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Matte Lights R89,95 
Make-Up Revolution is known for making incredible highlighters - so I was really keen to try it out. Mind you I didn't notice the matte part in the description when ordering though -but that was user error from my side. Honestly - I was left a little disappointing with the highlighter. It's a little chalky on the skin (although when paired with the other two products and a hydrating setting spray it looks pretty nice on the skin. It's a nice almost stark white highlighter with a subtle glitters - I mention this because I know some people don't like glittery highlights  .It lasts a good 4/5 hours before slowly fading away. I wasn't super impressed but it's a pretty looking highlighter.


Conceal & Define Concealer in C4 R104,95
Now I knew ordering this shade (as the other three lighter shades were sold out ) it would be too dark for a nice brightening concealer on me. But I do find this an amazing concealer for covering blemishes. I have tried it in the under eye area too - but /I do find at the end of the day I can see it clinging to dry patches (again nothing wrong with the product - I have extremely dry skin ) . I will say I think this will be such an amazing concealer for normal to oily skin people .But on any blemishes or covering dark pigmentation spots it works great. I will definitely purchase the correct shade once it is available online too. With a good primer and setting spray this also lasts pretty long but I did find it settled into the fine lines around my eyes pretty easily. 



Fast Base Stick Foundation F2 R109,95
I have used both a beauty sponge and a brush with this foundation and both works great with the product - which is a bonus. A beauty sponge does provide less coverage (about  light coverage ) but boy oh boy with a brush this can go pretty full coverage - which is a bonus too. I do find the foundation applies easily (just swipe on your face) and blends pretty easily. It however clings to dry patches (which is the case for most stick foundations or foundations in general ) . The longevity is pretty decent too - when I remove my make-up at night I can see it lasted the whole day. Keep in mind I do use a good primer and setting spray too. It does keep me pretty matte though and in summer I do get oily in my T-zone so this is a bonus. And I love the packaging - *swoon* I'm a sucker for the packaging too - I love the colour scheme and the Rose Gold lettering. 

Swatches from left to right :
Highlighter in Matte Lights , Conceal & Define concealer in C4 and Fast Base Stick Foundation in F2.

Have you tried any Make-Up Revolution products you can recommend I try next ??

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the concealer. I an also enjoying the highlighter I got which is quite bold and shimmery. I haven't tried the foundation yet so thank you for the review. đŸ’™đŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which shade highlighter did you get ? The foundation is a pretty firm favourite now.

      Delete
  2. using it with sponge is very good for blending very well
    .
    .
    .

    I will like you to share your honest view on this article
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/what-my-pastor-said-in-church-on-sunday.html

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot :D

    I've the concealer and the foundation, and both are my favsss!

    NEW BRANDING POST | HOUSE99: THE MALE CARE by DAVID BECKHAM.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These products looks very beautiful and interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48JZd0Gbj0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried anything from this brand, but I like that foundation stick!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lightweight and buildable formula available in 50 skin-true shades. Perfect for all skin types and skin tones!
    revolution conceal and define concealer shade finder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw